Good afternoon members,
I would like to give everyone a quick update to what has been going on in the union lately. We just had our first Delegates meeting on March 19, 2021 and we discussed several issues.
1. The 2% raise has been put off until after 4/1/2021 while we wait for the budget to pass. The SCCEA along with the other Unions are asking for the 2%, full retro, and interest.
2. No talks of layoffs have taken place in the last several months.
3. UCS is still under a strict hiring freeze which includes transfers from out of county.
4. The union has extended the 2021scholarship and raffles until May 1, 2021.
5. Elections for President, 2nd Vice President, and Recording Secretary will be going out April 1, 2021.
6. April 1, 2021 travel restrictions and quarantines following COVID-19 exposure will be changing. The new quick reference guide can be found on our website under “News”.
7. Two recent letters that are being sent to Albany advocating for the rights of our membership will also be posted on the website.
8. As for Retirement Incentives there is nothing to discuss as of “NOW”. AfterApril 1st things could change but nothing is guaranteed.
9. April 1st the AdultDependent Certification form is due and will be in effect until March 31, 2022.
10. For more information on the Delegates meeting, the minutes will be posted on our website.
The SCCEA Executive Board is hoping to have a general membership meeting as soon as possible. Meanwhile the union will keep the members updated and aware of current issues the best we can. I wish everyone and their families well and as always stay safe.
Gerard Gwinn, SCCEA President